Please use this form for any type of questions and if you received a Free Month Supply special offer with your order. We will reply in 1-2 business days.
Frequently Asked QuestionsPlease use the contact form if you can't find the answer
- Buy Shilajit
- 1. Lead, Mercury, Aluminum… Is it safe?
Shilajit as any unprocessed foods like fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat contain very little amount of heavy metals. As we are the transparent company where everyone could download our Certificate of Analyses which has not just 4 but many metals including Aluminum. Therefore we'd like to encourage everyone that our product was always safe and laboratory tested to pass government regulations towards food safety, however, about 30% of all food you can get in the supermarket do not comply and those rules are not strictly enforced.
Here is the data from 3rd party laboratory report with needed calculations* to establish the safety of single-serving intake of Himalayan Shilajit:
Parts per million
per 150mg dose
Prop. 65, ug 5
Lead (Pb): 0.83 0.12 0.5 Mercury (Hg): < 0.000 < 0.0 0.3 Cadmium (Cd): 0.07 0.01 4.1 Aresenic (As)**: 0.3 0.04 10 Aluminum (Al)***: 250 38 8000 per day
* Here is how the calculations were made. A single dose of Himalayan Shilajit is 150mg and it has 1.7 PPM (parts per million) of Lead. We have to multiply 0.150 to 1.7 to have an actual amount of Lead consumed with that serving size with is 0.26ug (micrograms). The safe amount of Lead by California Prop 65 is 0.5ug those means our product is safe.
** Arsenic regulations set for inorganic form. Shilajit has organic Arsenic which is likely nontoxic or weakly toxic to humans, therefore, no regulations were set.
*** During the 1960s and 1970s, aluminum emerged as a possible suspect in Alzheimer’s. This suspicion led to concern about exposure to aluminum through everyday sources such as pots and pans, beverage cans, antacids, and antiperspirants. Since then, studies have failed to confirm any role for aluminum in causing Alzheimer’s. Experts today focus on other areas of research, and few believe that everyday sources of aluminum pose any threat. 1, 2, 3.
**** California Prop 65 doesn't regulate the Aluminum so we are using the information from the Department of Health that does show how much daily Aluminum the average person gets with a food 4.
- 2. Wholesale & Bulk Order?
Yes, we are open to wholesale requests towards retail products and bulk shilajit orders. Please use contact form to reach us.
We also have an option for anyone to join the affiliate program. You can drive the potential customer to our website and receive a fixed commission from each sale we made together.
- 3. Can i give it to my pets or treat my plants?
It would benefit any living things if you used in the correct concentration according to the body weight.
Pets: You may add it with a water once or twice per week in the proportion 1mg per 1 pound of weight. Please cycle it as well as for yourself.
Plants: In terms of plants, it does work and only makes healthy plants healthier. It is a great mineral supplement because it’s got every mineral plants need to function at their full genetic potential. The ionic minerals make it capable of immediate absorption via foliar spraying on the leaves. Easy application, virtually 0 clean up. The Fulvic content acts as a catalyst for soil enzymes which act the same way enzymes do in the human body, so you can imagine how beneficial both drenching and foliar spraying would be from this benefit. Everyone seems to be having success with about a 150mg size (same size as a single serving for humans) of Original Himalayan Shilajit per 1 gallons of water. You may apply it via drenching and foliar spraying twice a month. Please note that shilajit witch been dissolved in water should be refrigerated and expires in 4-5 weeks.
- 4. What is the daily dose for Shilajit ?
There is no established daily amount but there is a certain recommendation according to California Prop 65 and US Department of Health for the safe level of metals in food. According to that, you should take about 250mg of shilajit per serving. Those rules are not enforced as many foods that you can buy in groceries do not follow that rules, as well as fruits and veggies are exempt from such regulations as they can't pass it.
In terms of the frequency of the intake, we suggest taking it 1 or 2 times per day for 4 to 5 days in a week. We also recommend to cycle it and take four months break after each month. In certain cases like a bone injury or internal problems you may take it 2-3 times a day and 7 days a week but no more than a month straight as well. The cycle usage is suggested because the immune system may suppress the effectiveness of Shilajit if it used too much which is also reasonable towards many herbal supplements. More than that it is not necessary to use Shilajit if you are completely healthy or do not practice physical or mental workouts. In the past shilajit were used mainly to speed up a recovery from various issues and regularly only by yogis, sherpas, and elder people.
- 5. How to test if shilajit pure and authentic?
If you dissolve shilajit in water and see no sediments then it is pure, however, it could be a low quality or fake.
Here are some common facts that help you to identify Shilajit:
- It should melt in your hands and quickly dissolved in water.
- If you place it in a freezer, it should become harder in about 30 minutes.
- If you heat it then it should be softer. It should not burn like a candle.
- It is very soluble in water but rather less soluble in alcohol.
- If it has burnt smell or taste then it's likely was boiled and NOT cold dried.
- It should taste organic (bitter, smoky) but NOT like something metallic, artificial or even toxic.
- It should not cause a peculiar (unpleasant) numb sensation in the mouth like a unripe fruit.
- In a form of fine powder it should be brown or dark brown (not red or black) and more coarse powder gives a darker color towards black.
- If it is a powder then by adding a tiny bit of water (5 parts of powder per 1 part of water) it should melt together uniformly and become black.
- When dissolved in water it should have dark brown color, not black.